Reciprocal Licensing of
When you have a Texas Insurance Adjusters License, it's like having a license in 31 states!
The TX Resident Adjuster license is considered the most valuable adjuster license in the country. 31 states recognize this license via reciprocity thus allowing an adjuster to enjoy a wide scope of operation as long as any unique state regulations are also met. This broad license make an adjuster much more valuable.
Adjuster License also good in GEORGIA
State Adjusters Prelicense Requirements & Reciprocity with TX AK TX Reciprocal
AL TX Reciprocal
AR TX Reciprocal AZ TX Reciprocal CA TX Reciprocal but for non TX resident required CA license first CO No CT TX Reciprocal DC No DE TX Reciprocal FL *TX Reciprocal but for non TX resident required FL license first
HI No reciprocal with TX
IA No ID TX Reciprocal IL No IN TX Reciprocal KS No KY TX Reciprocal LA TX Reciprocal MA No MD No ME TX Reciprocal MI TX Reciprocal MN TX Reciprocal MO No MS TX Reciprocal MT TX Reciprocal NC TX Reciprocal ND No NE No NH TX Reciprocal NJ No NM TX Reciprocal NV *TX Reciprocal but for non TX resident required NV license first NY *TX Reciprocal but for non TX resident required NY license first OH No OK TX Reciprocal OR TX Reciprocal PA No RI TX Reciprocal SC TX Reciprocal SD No TX Yes TN No UT TX Reciprocal VA No VT TX Reciprocal WA TX Reciprocal WI No WV TX Reciprocal WY TX Reciprocal
What if my state also offers an adjusters license?
Some state offer a state specific adjusters license. Often these state specific licenses do not enjoy the broad reciprocity agreements with various states as does the Texas Adjuster License. Many adjusters who wish to be qualified to work a large geographic area find the widely accepted TX Adjuster License to be more valuable. If you have questions about state specific adjusters license please consult your respective Department of Insurance.
Why is the Texas Adjuster's License so highly valued?
- Many states recognize the Texas Adjuster's license as valid in their own state because Texas was one of the first states to establish high standards to earn and maintain an adjuster license.
- In short, take our online Texas adjuster's training and exam online exam and upon successful completion, you are granted a Texas adjuster's license which is recognized by many states.
- Through reciprocity, you are licensed by proxy to operate in those states which recognize the Texas Adjuster's license.
- The TX Adjuster's License is reciprocal in 32 states but in cases additional state specific courses may be required. Please check with the appropriate Department of Insurance if you have any questions about Adjuster Licensing rules in your state. Click here to find a link to your Department of Insurance.
The All Lines Resident Adjuster License is the broadest adjuster license available and allows the adjuster to work with the following types of losses:
- • Residential – this is homeowners and fire policies and is primarily dwelling risks
- • Commercial – business property, churches, schools, etc.
- • Auto – both personal and business auto
- • Farm and Ranch – animals, crops, buildings,
- • Inland Marine – valuable objects, cargo, docks, piers, bridges, transmission lines
- • Ocean Marine – vessels for transportation, hull insurance, yacht policies
- • Workers Compensation – Covers the Texas WC certification
Reciprocity in 31 states!
Georgia, (for Michael)
(Tx license is not valid in Florida)
Adjusters Prelicense Requirements & Reciprocity with TX 31 States!